Chevrolet Battery and Electrical Services in Manchester, NH
Battery and Electrical Services for Chevrolet Vehicles
Your battery is one of the key parts of the vehicle. If the battery doesn’t work, your car will cease to function. That means it will not start. There will be no Radio/Pandora/Bluetooth, A/C, and so much more.
Car Battery life
Battery life cycles range from three to five years, depending on the grade of the battery. Even though your battery is still working correctly, an old battery can affect your vehicle worse and worse. Also, battery life changes depending on your driving habits. Short trips (under 20 minutes) and an extended period of inactivity will shorten your battery’s lifespan.
How do I know if my battery is old?
There is typically a four or five-digit code on the cover of your battery case. The first code is the key to knowing the battery’s manufactured date; A for January, B for February, and so on.
How will I know if I need to replace my battery?
- Slow Engine Cranks: When your engine is turning on, but it doesn’t start or takes longer to start, this could mean your battery needs replacing.
- Your battery powers all the accessories and lights in your car, especially when the alternator is not running. If your vehicle’s lights are dim or non-functioning, this could indicate a battery issue.
- It starts fine, but next time it doesn’t. Even though you can start your engine, you will need to check your alternator, accessory lights, fuses, radio, alarm, and other equipment. In certain conditions, your vehicle may still start even with a battery issue. However, you may notice certain electronics not functioning correctly.
- The Battery Case is Swollen: If your battery casing looks bigger than usual, it is a sign that battery life is decreasing, and it should be replaced ASAP. You don’t want to risk a split and leak of battery acids.
- Smells bad: If you smell rotten eggs (sulfur odor) around the battery, your battery may have a leak.
- Old age: Your battery is more than three years, you should start to expect your battery won’t last too much longer.
Testing your car’s Battery
If you think your battery needs replacing, you can get a battery test at Quirk Chevrolet. We will test your battery by performing a full diagnostic on it and providing you with feedback on it’s expected lifespan. If your battery needs replacing, we will help you choose the best battery for your vehicle.
Check Engine Light
Your vehicle’s check engine light can display due to a variety of issues. It could be as simple as a fault with a vacuum hose or an indication of a larger problem, such as a malfunctioning catalytic converter. The best course to diagnose is to either use an OBD code reader or bring it into Quirk Chevrolet, and we can do that for you. Sometimes the check engine light will turn off after a while, but this does not mean the problem has resolved. To maintain a safe and well-functioning vehicle, it’s best to take care of these issues sooner than later to avoid other complications.